Smartdoc is a template driven platform. Templates can be seen as a kind of mini scenarios that can be configured to automate certain tasks.
Smartdoc works with templates that are fully adapted to the user’s processes and way of working.
- Recognition template: reads the preset fields from a structured document. This data can then be used to search, filter or export to another environment.
- Split template: automatically searches and arranges scanned documents based on keyword, barcode or a recognition template.
- Security template: based on active directory or Azure user management, the user indicates the security levels of the different documents and who is allowed to do what with which document.
- Flow template: defines the processes, flows and sequence of actions in function of the internal processes and structures of the organization.
- Export template: takes care of the automatic export of data to any other system such as e-mail or integration in the flow template.
These templates can be configured per department by a key user. It is also possible to combine these templates with each other.
Example 1: Transmission notes come back signed and are scanned. Smartdoc will split this bundle. Then the documents are recognized and the transmission note number is linked to the death certificate as an index. The transmission note then ends up in the workflow of the person responsible. After approval, the document is legally archived and secured. The document is automatically renamed to a logical file name.
Example 2: Incoming invoices arrive in the inbox via e-mail. Smartdoc can automatically retrieve the invoices, recognize them and read out the booking information. The invoice can then be presented to the accounting package via a digital approval flow. The invoice is stored in the archive in accordance with VAT legislation.
Example 3: The documents created by the business applications are automatically stored in the archive. Examples are sent and received emails, outgoing invoices, production documents, quality documents, photos.
The more repetitive tasks can be automated, the greater the time savings.