A growing number of companies are getting ready for the restart. More and more companies and services are being encouraged to facilitate homeworking. This also means that digital processes will become more important in the coming weeks. They will increasingly become an essential part of the normal business process. An article (De Tijd) about a survey of more than 1000 Belgians by BDO/HR Square on this subject, says that employees are in favor of this evolution. However, they also indicate that there is a need for supporting tools.
6 digital activities that your employee can do perfectly from home:
- Search: With a centralized digital archive, your employee can easily find all the documents he or she needs for the tasks. After all, a digital archive makes all documents searchable and allows you to search for words or pieces of text. In addition, selections can also be made by date, period or filetype.
- Archiving: Documents that your employee receives can also be archived from home: a letter, notes, important emails… With plug-ins that work from Outlook or MS Office, your employee can archive every document in a jiffy.
- Annotations: A document management system also allows to write comments on documents. This makes them much easier to interpret without having to print first and then scan back. The comments are simply written on the digital document itself.
- Approvals: Approve an invoice, quotation or order form? This can be done via easy to set up approval flows. A digital workflow is not only much faster, it also involves less risk and the risk of losing the documents is non-existent.
- Mailing documents from the archive: Centrally archived documents can easily be forwarded to external parties. Directly and without detours.
- Audit trail and security: With a central digital archive, your employee works from a secure environment. So you know perfectly who, what and when an action was taken.
More information about the possibilities of digital document management can be found in our Smartbook: Simple document management for everyone.